Business Formations & Formalities
Looking to start a business? Already have one?
We can help! Legal issues can have a major impact on your business, whether you’re a sole proprietor, a partnership, an LLC, or a corporation.
At the Law Offices of Patrick J. Roth, we believe in taking the time to learn about your business, your history, and your goals. This allows us to better help you identify potential legal issues, ways to save on taxes, and possible business opportunities. Our goal is to provide you with sound legal advice that can give you the peace of mind you need so you can focus on running and growing your business.
New Business Formation
Starting a new business is an exciting time, but it also brings up lots of questions:
- What type of entity should I form?
- What do I need to do to set up my business?
- How can I best reduce my tax burden?
- How can I best protect my business for the long-term?
- How do I ensure my personal assets are protected?
If you are starting a new business, it can be invaluable to seek professional legal advice. An experienced business attorney can help you understand your options and set up the business structure that’s best suited for you and your new business.
For Current Business Owners
For existing businesses, or after your new business gets up and running, we provide additional legal services for a wide range of issues you may face, including:
- Putting a buy-sell agreement in place, which is crucial for all businesses with more than one owner (even if they are spouses).
- Help with contracts, such as leases and employment contracts.
- Ensuring you are following current employment laws.
- Preparing your family business to be taken over by the next generation.
- Making sure your estate plan includes provisions for your business in case of disability or death.
- Ensuring your business entity is providing adequate protection for your assets when you really need it, such as in the case of a lawsuit.
- Assessing whether forming an out-of-state entity might be more favorable to you.
Whether you are just opening your doors or have a thriving enterprise, contact us to schedule a time to meet with an experienced business attorney at our Corning, New York office: 607-962-6162.